From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB permission/owner - change not allowed as root
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 18:06:29
1 On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 07:42:33PM -0700, Joseph wrote:
2 > After recent upgrade when I mount my USB and try as root:
3 >
4 > chown joseph:users /media/stick/Ancient-Electricity_new.ppt
5 > chown: changing ownership of ‘/media/stick/Ancient-Electricity_new.ppt’: Operation not permitted
6 >
7 > file ownership is:
8 > -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5796864 Mar 6 2013 Ancient-Electricity_new.ppt
9
10 The thread kinda zig-zagged off on me, so hope you don't mind a post here.
11
12 Perhaps this guide would be as nice a read for you as it was for me. It brings