From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hanging mount
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 13:47:52
1 Alex Schuster writes:
2
3 > Helmut Jarausch writes:
4 >
5 > > On 06/27/2012 04:44:34 AM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
6
7 > > > i accidentally tried to mount the extended partition /dev/sda4
8 > > > from this disk:
9 > [...]
10 > > > which results in a hanging mount process, which cannot be killed.
11
12 > > I cannot tell you if kernel hanging in this case is normal.
13 > >
14 > > But, if there is any problem during mount, the kernel seems to hang.
15 > > As far as I remember, it only has a very long time out, but it will
16 > > 'kill' that mount request some time.
17 >
18 > Let's see how long 'very long' is, it's hanging for over one hour now. I
19 > will wait some more hours, but that would be one really long timeout.
20
21 All I can say now is that the timeout, if there is one, must be larger
22 than 24 hours.
23
24 Isn't this weird?
25