From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Torrent with dynamics throttles
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 18:45:02
1 On 13 August 2011, at 16:57, Daniel Hilst Selli wrote:
2 > …
3 > I love to download stuff through torrents.. so there is aways a client downloading/uploading something.
4 >
5 > When I want to use my band I just set torrents limits, so youtube videos charges fast, and sites load fast too. When I go away I first unset the limits, so my torrents go to full speed again.
6 >
7 > This set/unset is boring.. Is there any way to dynamic set my torrents limits, so when I'm using internet it frees some bandwidth to me, and when I stop to use it goes full speed again?? Is there any torrent client with that feature? If not, is this implementable?
8
9 You want to use QoS / traffic-pritoritising, which is normally done at the router.
10
11 http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/tc/tc.theory
12 http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/tc
13
14 You can probably do this on your main computer, just by building the iptables kernel modules and by creating a rule (or a handful of them) so that BitTorrent traffic is delegated below everything else.
15
16 Stroller.