From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Touchpad in "absolute" mode
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:14:51
1 Hi all,
2
3 I haven't seen this one before. My touchpad mouse works normally, until
4 I lift my finger and place it somewhere else. Normally, the pointer
5 would stay where it is and only move when my finger moves. What happens
6 now is my I touch the pad, the pointer moves to a point on the screen
7 corresponding to where I touch the pad. Touch pad on left edge, pointer
8 moves to left edge of screen, then reacts normally to finger moving
9 again. The "stick mouse" works fine.
10
11 I get the same result without an xorg.conf, just letting xorg figure
12 stuff out for itself.
13
14 xorg-server-1.4.0.90
15 USE=dri hal input_devices_evdev input_devices_keyboard
16 input_devices_mouse input_devices_synaptics input_devices_vmmouse
17 kdrive sdl video_cards_i810 video_cards_vesa video_cards_vga
18 video_cards_vmware xorg
19
20 x11-drivers/synaptics-0.14.6-r1
21
22 xorg.conf (irrelavant sections snipped)
23 Section "ServerLayout"
24 Identifier "X.org Configured"
25 Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
26 InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
27 InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
28 EndSection
29
30 Section "InputDevice"
31 Identifier "Mouse0"