From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mozilla - pop-ups not blocked !!
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 21:00:21
1 No popups for me. I am using Firefox 1.5 and I also have the adblock extension installed. Looking at adblock it appears that anything from the url ads.indiatimes.com is blocked.
2
3 Try putting this line in your /etc/hosts file:
4
5 127.0.0.1 ads.indiatimes.com
6
7 Or install these two extensions:
8
9 For Firefox:
10 http://adblock.mozdev.org/
11 https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1136
12
13 For Mozilla Sute:
14 https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=10&application=mozilla
15 https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1136&application=mozilla
16
17 Just restart Firefox/Mozilla after you install the two extensions.
18
19 Jim
20 ----- Original Message -----
21 From: Rohit Sharma
22 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
23 Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:48 PM
24 Subject: [gentoo-user] Mozilla - pop-ups not blocked !!
27 Hi,
28
29 I am using Mozilla 1.7.12
30 Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20060222
31 at my home desktop. However, even when configured to block unrequested popups, my mozilla [on both windows and linux] is not able to block pop-ups from websites. I assure you this is not a spam/dangerous link and you shall know exactly what I mean if you clicked on
32
33 http://www.samachar.com/showurl.htm?rurl=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1455375.cms?headline=Couples~framing~parents~with~dowry
34
35 This is my news-consolidated site that I access every morning.
36 What may I be doing wrong?