From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chicken <--> egg (NFS & tty video)
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 15:47:34
1 On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 05:20:01PM +0200, Felix Miata wrote:
2 > On 2011/05/14 10:06 (GMT-0400) Willie Wong composed:
3 >
4 > > The above listing shows that phonon will be built with the "vlc" use
5 > > flag, so clearly you haven't trimmed USE down to "just"
6 > > bash-completion, ncurses, samba, slang, xattr. In fact, if you had
7 > > done so you would've also trimmed out cxx, posix, and threads, which
8 > > would probably not be the best idea.
9 >
10 > The timestamp on my make.conf(.07) file on display at
11 > http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/G/ shows a last written considerably earlier
12 > than I last wrote, but ...
13 >
14 > > So for concreteness, can you post the complete USE list, _not_ the
15 > > list in /etc/make.conf, since that does not show you the USE enabled
16 > > *by default* on whichever profile you have chosen to use. To get the
17 >
18 > Of this I was totally unaware. So now I know I probably should not have
19 > selected the kde profile on first try, but instead selected a minimal and
20 > only after being happy with the basics changing to kde.
21 >
22 > Does [1] default/linux/x86/10.0 from 'eselect profile list' amount to a
23 > "minimal" install (no X)? If so, is there any reason not to switch to it
24 > instead of setting -vlc, and then later when actually ready to enable X,
25 > switching back to kde?
26 >
27 > What is the [7] hardened/linux/x86 profile, or better yet, the incantation to
28 > get descriptions descriptions of all the available targets?
31 Use eselect for that, try "eselect profile help" for more info.
34 caveat utilitor