From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Any way to get real text console without killing X capability?
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 23:05:22
1 On 02/03/2011 08:07 AM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > Is there a way to have a real text console? I know that I can
3 > have 2 X sessions on tty10 and tty11 with different resolutions, and
4 > colour depths. Is there a way to set tty1..tty9 to 640x480 *IN TEXT
5 > MODE*, so that lat1-?? fonts would look normal, without killing the
6 > ability to have X run at 1920x1200?
7
8 Note that the suggestion the others gave about disabling KMS is probably
9 not what you need. Disabling KMS means that it will also be disabled
10 for X11, not only for the framebuffer. As you can imagine this is a bad
11 thing.