From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD/DVD burning tools?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:24:48
1 On Tuesday 24 June 2008, Joerg Schilling wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Continuing to use cdrkit affords me that luxury of not getting
4 > > involved, so I can carry on blissfully not caring and instead
5 > > devote my energies to the projects I do care about.
6 >
7 > Things are not as simple as you seem to believe.
8
9 Actually, they are exactly that simple. You have a disagreement with
10 person X. I do not have the same disagreement with person X.
11
12 [snip]
13
14 > Do whatever you like but do not claim that you are not part of the
15 > conflict as long as you use cdrkit.
16
17 Jörg, you appear to be making a fundamental error of assumption. It
18 looks like you consider that simply because you think this matter
19 important (and in your life it probably IS important), that therefore
20 it must be important in mine. This is not true. In my life, your fight
21 with the cdrkit people is very similar to the fights my 11 year old son
22 and 6 year old stepdaughter have. They keep trying to get me to take
23 sides and utterly and completely fail to comprehend why I do not do so.
24
25 I recommend you continue to do whatever makes you happy. If that
26 includes a dispute with a fork of your code, so be it.
27
28 But stop trying to tell me that I am somehow involved. I am not.
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
35 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list