From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pam fixed now it's tcpdump
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:48:12
1 On Thursday 31 January 2008 21:44:19 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > I can't think of a reason why anyone wouldn't want all of kdebase so
4 > there's no need to emerge startkde explicitly
5
6 I did install startkde on this box. Six packages would now be installed if I
7 were to emerge kdebase-meta, namely kdebugdialog, ksysguard, ktip, klipper,
8 knetattach and kpager. I don't miss any of those, so what do you think I'm
9 losing by not installing them?
10
11 I think that installing startkde is the first step on the road to a lean
12 system, which I imagine is its purpose. Long may it continue!
15 Rgds
16 Peter
17 --
18 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list