From: Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to update dependency cache for emerge?
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 05:32:20
1 Hello, list.
2
3 Last emerge-sync brought following change:
4 net-zope/zopeinterface became net-zope/zope-interface, and, as far as I
5 can tell, all the ebuild files were updated to use a new package name.
6
7 Only problem is that portage doesn't seem to know about this and I
8 can't seem force it to update it's cache.
9
10 I have portage-2.2 with FEATURES="metadata-transfer", the latter
11 probably being the cause of the problem, but seem to be necessarry for
12 some overlays I'm using.
13
14 Error:
15 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "net-zope/zopeinterface".
16
17 What I've tried so far:
18 emerge --regen
19 egencache --update
20 emerge -C <pkg> && emerge -1 <pkg>
21
22 What works:
23 ebuild /path/to/<pkg>.ebuild merge
24
25 Any ideas how to fix emerge in this case?
26 Thanks.
29 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net