From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] VirtualBox 5.0.14
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 15:59:31
1 Hello list,
2
3 Since VirtualBox was upgraded from 4.3.32 to 5.0.14 recently, I've been
4 getting a little transient notice panel on my KDE4 screen saying something
5 like "the virtualbox kernel service is... [not running]".
6
7 I found this article [1] with a suggested fix, but it didn't. The /dev/vbox*
8 permissions changed as shown in the article when I created the udev/rules.d
9 file suggested, but that didn't change any behaviour.
10
11 My WinXP guest runs happily in its virtual box, but the Atlas BOINC client,
12 which downloads a VirtualBox client to operate in, reports communication
13 failure.
14
15 The vbox log is attached.
16