From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I keep baselayout-1?
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 14:44:38
1 On 08-Dec-11 12:26, James Broadhead wrote:
2
3 >> I do not want to upgrade to baselayout-2, but I want to
4 >> re-emerge system. So how can I do it now, when all 1.x
5 >> versions have been removed from portage?
6 >
7 > I think that the standard answer is "you can't". I mean, you could
8 > fetch an old copy of the ebuild from cvs, and add it to a local
9 > overlay, but you'd be completely unsupported (unsupportable?).
10 >
11 > A better question would be - Why do you want to?
12
13 This server is ~50 miles away, and if I screw something
14 and it does not boot up, I will have to go there and fix it
15 on place. One small typo in ~50 config-files which must be
16 updated is just enough to cause it...
17
18 Anyway I'm surprised that everything older than 2.0.3
19 has been simply thrown overboard, especially while it
20 worked for us without a problem for many years...
21
22 Jarry
26 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
27 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.