From: Paul Ezvan <paul@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QoS and tc
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 23:23:08
1 Le Saturday 06 December 2008 23:50:33 Matt Harrison, vous avez écrit :
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to set up some sort of QoS for my small network. I've got a
5 > pretty slow 512kb/256kb ADSL line and I'd like to have it managed better.
6 >
7 > All the examples I have found[1] talk a lot about outbound..or inbound,
8 > but not both. The problem is that my upstream bandwidth is half that of
9 > my downstream.
10 >
11 > Can anyone point me to some guides or anything for setting up tc QoS on
12 > one interface but in two different directions (and with two different
13 > rulesets).
14 >
15 > Appreciate any help
16 >
17 > Thanks
18 >
19 > Matt
20 >
21 > [1]http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.cookbook.fullnat.intro.html
22
23 Hi,
24
25 I have set up QoS on my gateway with uses an ADSL connection. I have done this
26 using Shorewall, it works well and there is a great howto here :
27 http://www.shorewall.net/traffic_shaping.htm .
28 I have done the same before using only iptables and tc rules following lartc
29 guide, but i think it is easiest with shorewall and enough powerfull for your
30 needs.
31
32 Regards,
33