From: "James R. Campbell" <jamesc@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] load too high
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 00:17:07
1 On Monday 11 February 2008, James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > One of the workstations (amd64 2gig ram) has a load that never drops below
5 > 1.0, as seen by top. Looking at a ps nothing stands out. I did notice that
6 > 'X' is at the top of the list, even when the machine is quiescent (nobody
7 > doing anything). Suspiciaous. Clearly I have a run away or hidden process
8 > using resources. Although all my system run kde 3.5.8 only one shows this
9 > problem.
10 >
11 > None of my other Gentoo system suffer this fate. Any ideas on finding the
12 > culprit(proccess)?
16 > James
17
18 What processes have the most on cpu time as reported by a 'ps ax' ?
19
20 --James
21 --
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list