From: Liu Chuan <chuan.sam@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] strange problem with kdm
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 01:12:18
1 After installing kde through "emerge kdebase-meta" and test with
2 "startx" of no problem,
3 I add xdm to default runlevel with modifying display manager to kdm in
4 "rc.conf".
5 However when I reboot the computer, the screen turn black for a second
6 and then up
7 without kdm start. The log file only contain following info about kdm:
8
9 kdm[5526]: x server for display: 0 terminated unexpectedly
10 kdm[5526]: unknow session exit code 0 (sig 9) from manager process
11
12 "ps -ef" show kdm[5526] are still running.
13 However when I del xdm from default runlevel or kill 5526 then type:
14 /etc/init.d/xdm start
15 the kdm just turn out to run smoothly.
16
17 And startup with default xdm in rc.conf also had no problem.
18
19 It is so strange that there is no problem to start kdm after login
20 from command line,
21 and only to fail at startup in default runlevel.
22
23 Any idea about the problem appreciated.
24 Thanks in advance.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list