From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth and KDE Connect
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 10:42:34
1 On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:44:52AM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > I should have asked: is there something like KDE Connect but using Bluetooth?
3 > Or a direct USB link? My WiFi is served by the Billion router, and as far as I
4 > can see it's permanently isolated from the LAN. Mind you, the manual is a
5 > 12.4MB PDF, so I might well have missed something.
6
7 If you want a fancy G.U.I. application (GTK+), I've heard good things about The
8 Blueman Project (net-wireless/blueman), although I've never used it myself. I
9 assume it transfers binary files with OBEX [1], conferring with the BlueZ kernel
10 driverset [2, 3].
11
12 $ ash-euses -so obex # shameless plug
13 net-wireless/bluez:obex - Enable OBEX transfer support
14
15 I'm sure you've already seen this, but you might derive value from the "Device
16 Pairing" section of the Bluetooth Gentoo Wiki page with `bluetoothctl` [4].
17
18 [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBject_EXchange
19 [2] https://github.com/blueman-project/blueman
20 [3] https://github.com/blueman-project/blueman/wiki/Integrations#obex-file-transfer