From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - Manually entering a new mail account into Evolution
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 05:47:34
1 On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 23:40 -0600, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > Is there a way to manually register a POP mail account with Evolution?
3 > The college that my wife and I attend gives each of its students their
4 > own email account to be accessed either through their webmail site or
5 > through an external mail client. Their webmail service was written for
6 > IE, so it's not much good to us, and whenever I try to enter a new
7 > account in Evolution-2.2, it crashes when I try to select the POP
8 > protocol from the protocol combo box for incoming mail (second page of
9 > the Email Account Registry wizard (at least that's what I call it.) We
10 > were told today that all correspondence from the school would be sent
11 > out to our student email accounts. As you can see, it's somewhat
12 > important for me to have this account available in Evolution, where the
13 > rest of my mail stuff is set up. Is there a file somewhere that I can
14 > manually alter to get the information for the account in there?
15
16 P.S.: I did file a bug report with Bug Buddy about it earlier this
17 evening.
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list