From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange reaction of gvim to : in a normal mode
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 18:46:45
1 From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
2 To: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>, vim_use@××××××××××××.com
3 Subject: Re: Strange reaction of gvim to : in a normal mode
4 Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 20:44:21 +0200
5
6 On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 14:51:24 +0200 Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
7
8 > I use gvim from xfce4 and sometimes get into a strange
9 > situation when pressing : while being in a normal mode
10 > leads not to the command line mode but instead highlights
11 > the icon "Copy to clipboad".
12 >
13 > Just now I have noted that in this situation I also cannot
14 > see the version of my gvim via the Help menu (but saving via
15 > the the "Save current file" icon usually works).
16 >
17 > The output from the :version command (executed from a newly
18 > started gvim) is as follows:
19 >
20 <skipped>
21 >
22 > Any ideas how to fix it?
23 >
24 > And whom to blame? (Except for myself, of course. :)
25 > My first guess that something is wrong with xfce4 here.
26
27 I cannot describe how to reproduce this behavior but usually
28 it appears after the following steps:
29
30 1. I work with gvim and firefox.
31 2. After finishing working with gvim, I turn to firefox,
32 go to a news site and look through all its Twitter
33 news band that is somehow embedded into its webpage.
34 On this step I also open new tabs from the news band.
35 3. I return to gvim and try to save and close it using
36 :wq command but it does not work any more as : sends
37 focus to the "Copy to clipboard" icon.