From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Printer margins
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 23:09:13
1 On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 16:01:44 -0500
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Howdy,
5 >
6 > I finally got around to ordering some ink cartridges. Now I want to
7 > do some printing. Thing is, it tries to print ALL the way to the
8 > bottom which ends up blurred and unreadable. I've looked in Seamonkey
9 > settings, nothing. I've looked in Hplip, nothing there. I've even
10 > looked in cups, well, nothing that makes sense. I don't like the new
11 > cups interface.
12
13 cups, bah! Every time cups is updated my printer 'breaks'. From
14 painful years of experience I now know to 'delete' whatever printer/fax
15 devices cups knows about and use hp-setup (not cups) to recreate them.
16
17 By 'delete' I'm referring to the cups interface I access by visiting
18 localhost:631 in a web browser. Is that the cups interface you're
19 using?