From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to compile 64bit Gentoo on a 32bit system?
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:46:38
1 On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 02:57:43 +0530, Abhay Kedia wrote:
2
3 > I have a EM64T enabled processor but currently running x86 install. Now
4 > I would like to install 64bit Gentoo on this system but since this is
5 > the only PC that I have, it is indispensable for me. I can't put it in
6 > command line mode or run it on a live CD for 3-4 days and allow it to
7 > compile 64 bit Gentoo. So now what are the options for me?
8
9 Do a stage 3 install plus GRP packages. You'll have a fully working 64
10 bit desktop in around an hour. Then edit make.conf and /etc/portage/* to
11 suit your needs, emerge --sync and emerge -e world while using the system.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Spock, I though you were dead!"
18 "I rebooted, Captain."