From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error Message about network interfaces
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:45:54
1 Hello twang.umn@×××××.com,
2
3 > Yes, I did use ifplugd. And it works great. But I still have the error
4 > message when booting.
5
6 You don't need to "use" ifplugd,just install it. The network boot script
7 should use ifplugd without you starting or configuring it. Doing so may
8 cause a conflict.
9
10 However your message about the interface not existing may be caused by a
11 missing module. Is the module for your wired interface built into a
12 kernel or as a module? If a module, is it loaded at boot? You may need to
13 add it to /etc/modules.autoload.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 If a book about failures doesn't sell, is it a success?