From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HP scanner is no longer found
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 07:30:46
1 On 24 March 2014 08:04:08 CET, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >> I see a lot of errors about
4 >> "Device not accepting address <number> error -62"
5 >>
6 >> Did you google for that?
7 >> Sounds like an issue with the scanner itself.
8 >>
9 >> --
10 >> Joost
11 >
12 >I did. I think that is where I got the idea to disable the autosuspend
13 >thing. It made no difference tho. Funny thing is, this scanner has
14 >just been sitting in the closet since I used it last. The power plug
15 >was not even plugged in. I guess weird things can happen but I hope it
16 >still works. I been trying to find a used one local for over a year.
17 >I'd hate to repeat that process.
18 >
19 >Oh, one hit I got said that error was a kernel bug. That was why I
20 >upgraded, just in case. ;-) I also tried every USB port on this rig,
21 >including ports that other devices work on. Still no joy.
22 >
23 >I still think I'm missing something simple or some update broke it.
24 >
25 >Thanks.
26 >
27 >Dale
28 >
30
31 Try downgrading to last known version of the kernel?
34 Joost
35 --
36 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.