From: Marton Gabor <gabor.marton@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] RAID 1+0 question
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 13:00:50
1 Hi!
2
3 I'm going to recieve 4x250Gb SATA disks to our new server, and my first
4 idea was to make 2xRAID1 and then make 1xRAID0 out of the RAID1 arrays
5 using Linux software raid so that I have our data mirrored and still I
6 can use 500Gb storage space and handle it as one big "disk".
7 So my questions would be:
8 - could someone give me a good howto? Sorry, but I have never had
9 the chance to make a RAID array before and I have no experience and
10 Google doesn't seem to be helpful in this case.
11 - do I need to make a /boot partition which is not part of any
12 arrays or will grub boot from raid1+0?
13
14 I'm looking forward to your ansvers.
15
16 Marton Gabor