From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kopete and offline messages
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 15:19:42
1 Hi,
2
3 I upgraded to KDE 4.5.2 and noticed something weird about Kopete.
4 First, these are the flags and such:
5
6 [ebuild R ] kde-base/kopete-4.5.2 USE="addbookmarks autoreplace
7 contactnotes groupwise handbook highlight history nowlistening pipes
8 privacy ssl statistics texteffect translator urlpicpreview yahoo
9 zeroconf (-aqua) -debug -gadu -jabber -jingle (-kdeenablefinal)
10 (-kdeprefix) -latex -meanwhile -msn -oscar -otr -qq -skype -sms -testbed
11 -v4l2 -webpresence -winpopup"
12
13 It used to let me send a message to someone even if the person was off
14 line. Now, I get this little tidbit of info when I click on a user that
15 is off line:
16
17 "This user is not reachable at the moment. Please make sure you are
18 connected and using a protocol that supports offline sending, or wait
19 until this user comes online."
22 This works fine if a user is online. It opens a window for me to start
23 talking in for them but I have some friends that logon invisible so this
24 error is not going over to well. What is the deal here? I don't see a
25 USE flag that affects this and it was working before the upgrade. I
26 also don't see anything odd in the settings but maybe I am missing
27 something.
28
29 Is this Yahoo, Kopete or what? Thanks.
30
31 Dale
32