From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] detox'ing files by keeping their time stamp?
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 08:21:44
1 Hi,
2
3 when downloading files from non-UNIX sites, they often contain
4 "poisonoys" characters like '#', ' ', ''' or that alike.
5
6 With the tool 'detox' those filenames could be fixed.
7
8 But detox changes the time stamp of the files, which
9 filenames are altered (not all files, which are examined).
10
11 Therefore a 'detox *' in a directory will completly shuffle
12 the file order when listed via 'ls -rtl' (RTL is a TV broadcaster,
13 but this is another story... ;) )
14
15 Is there a way to either get detox not to alter the time stamp (I
16 looked into the manpage but found nothing) or any other neat trick
17 to restore the time stamp afterwards?
18
19 Thanks for any in advanced for saveing my time(stamps!) :)
20
21 Cheers
22 Meino