From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to set udev rule?
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:31:57
1 On Monday 31 August 2009, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > > I see Windows users do this all the time, without any problem
3 > > yet. Of course, the wait a little after writing to it, but a few seconds
4 > > after the blinking stops seem to be enough.
5 >
6 > Usually it is, but you never know. Windows users don't have that broad
7 > choice of filesystems. They have NTFS and that's it, so they may know
8 > they're save. Linux filesystems may handle this differently, depending on
9 > which one you've chosen.
10
11 Nope, NTFS can't cure user stupidity. Only a couple of days ago a friend at
12 work was reprimanded for not clicking on "safely remove", or whatever it's
13 called in WinXP, after I used photorec to recover 350 photographs that she
14 managed to 'lose' from her USB stick.
15
16 I bet she won't remove another USB drive without unmounting first in a
17 haste ... ;-)
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick