From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to determine if a NIC is playing gigabit?
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:23:06
1 On 01/18/2010 01:50 PM, Stroller wrote:
2 > Hi there,
3 >
4 > Yesterday I reseated the network cable between my server cupboard and my
5 > desk, and it now lights up on the switch by my desk as gigabit. But a
6 > file-transfer today is slower than I might have hoped.
7 >
8 > I'm not ruling out the cable, because it's pretty beat up (but the
9 > switch *is* lighting up as 1000), but how do I determine, please, that
10 > the Linux server at the other end is recognising the NIC and negotiating
11 > as gigabit speeds?
12
13 Doing a
14
15 dmesg | grep "Link is up"
16
17 should show something like:
18
19 eth0: Link is up at 1000 Mbps, full duplex, flow control rx