From: Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 10, 100, or 1000mbps uplink?
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:51:21
1 > I'm about to sign up for a new remote dedicated system and I'm
2 > wondering if I should spring for the 100mbps or 1000mbps uplink
3 > upgrades from 10mbps?  Is there a test I can run to find out?  I'm
4 > running a lightweight website with maybe 300-400 visitors/day.
5
6 I wouldn't think 10mbps would be a problem unless you are serving lots
7 of files for downloads. You can see real time throughput with iptraf
8 or iftop or setup some netfilter rules to log bandwidth statistics if
9 you want to gauge your usage exactly.
13 Kyle