From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gentoo handbook
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 02:09:06
1 missing lots of accessibility-related material.
2 I've installed several other versions of Linux before and got them
3 accessible using material found mostly on the internet for instructions.
4 The first one was RedHat 5.0 when that was a current distribution.
5 After that, slackware, debian, fedora ubuntu arch-linux coconut and jenux.
6 Anyone interested could do a youtube search for gentoo, and I'm pretty
7 sure you'll find I wasn't the only potential installer who ran into all
8 manner of unexpected behavior.
9 An A gentoo accessibility install podcast ought to have been available for
10 this distribution many years ago.
11
12 A feature that would be useful for menuconfig would be the ability once a
13 search is done to jump onto the desired search item directly (if the item
14 were available at all).
15 Maybe that's communicated by colors, I don't know.