From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [FAQ] How to recover from an unsuccessful build
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 21:50:15
1 On Fri, 03 Feb 2017 18:30:52 +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2
3 > when I emerge many packages (currently more than 3000), emerge nearly
4 > never succeeds.
5 > Yes, I'm using the option --keep-going but this doesn't help most of
6 > the time.
7 >
8 > I have the complete emerge command in one file which has lots of lines.
9 > Now I have the problem to remove those packages from this file which
10 > have been successfully emerged.
11 >
12 > Currently I have written a Python program to scan /var/log/emerge.log
13 > to extract packages which have been
14 > emerged and which then removes these from my original file.
15 > This still needs some manual tweaking in the case when a packages has
16 > to be installed more than once (into different slots).
17 >
18 > Is there a more elegant solution to this probably most common problem?
19
20 emerge -n is the correct solution, although emerge -u may also work for
21 you.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Do evangelists do more than lay people?