From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange symptoms, can't identify cause
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:05:40
1 I was just on the phone with a buddy of mine to get my system
2 connecting to his via VPN. I followed his instructions (he uses Red
3 Hat) and now I have two problems.
4
5 1. An openvpn process starts at boot and has a different pid each time
6 I check on it with ps. /etc/init.d/openvpn is not started
7 automatically. I even tried moving the initscript out of /etc/init.d/
8 but the openvpn process still starts.
9 2. Ekiga (formerly Gnomemeeting) now times out trying to connect to his SIP.
10
11 We can't figure out how to fix either of these problems. I did the
12 following to get myself in this predicament.
13
14 1. emerge openvpn
15 2. created /etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf
16 3. ran an openvpn command of his
17 4. added TUN module support to the kernel
18 5. ran make modules && make modules_install
19 6. modprobe tun
20
21 Now I have the problems mentioned above even after rebooting.
22
23 I feel like my system has been infected with non-Gentoo procedures and
24 it's freaking me out. Can anyone help?
25
26 - Grant
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list