From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] http forum software
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:23:36
1 Hi, Everyone!
2
3 I would like to consult you about the web forums you use for your web sites.
4
5 Several years passed since I last installed such a thing. In those times my favorite
6 was Ikonboard and I was running Slackware. Now I see Ikonboard has changed into
7 Invision Power Board and is not free anymore. My next try was phpBB, but its so
8 hardly masked for security reasons that I'm afraid to use it. So how come on the
9 other hand the official gentoo forums site ( http://forums.gentoo.org/ ) is using
10 exactly phpBB!?
13 I tried "forum" for search-word in eix, nut it gives me back nothing but:
14 1)fortune-mod-gentoo-forums :))
15 and
16 2) net-zope/cmfforum;Description: Makes it easy to install cmf/plone product
17
18 Please, share some experience about how you, guys, deal with forums in Gentoo.
21 Best regards,
22 Daniel
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list