From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Samba wants to downgrade my python....
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 11:02:23
1 Hi all,
2 I've got a media server that I'm in the process of installing Samba on.
3 When I do:
4
5 emerge -NuD --pretend samba
6
7 I get a list of stuff that portage wants to install, including Python,
8 V2.7.3, even though the machine already has V3.2.3 installed. I've also
9 stripped down the USE variables to basically "server" and that's all and
10 still for some reason portage wants to bring in Python - the older
11 version, V2. I've even added a "-python" to packages.use and it still
12 wants python, V2. I've had a look at the USE variables for the packages
13 that follow Python in the emerge list and they either don't want python
14 or already have "-python" set.
15
16 Having a play around with equery also didn't reveal anything. Does
17 anyone have any ideas as to what's causing old Python to be brought in?
18 I haven't posted the whole "emerge --info" stuff yet as hopefully
19 someone has come across this problem before.
20
21 Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
22
23 Andrew