From: Doug O'Neal <oneal@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: problem reading zip files
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:45:49
1 On 06/25/2009 09:51 AM, Arttu V. wrote:
2 > On 6/25/09, Doug ONeal <oneal@××××××××.edu> wrote:
3 >> I am guessing that all of the data is actually present in the zip
4 >> archives but I cannot get to it. Trying
5 >> version 3.0 of info-zip or any of the other linux & windows unzip
6 >> programs has not been successful
7 >> in extracting any of the later files in the archives. I'm at a loss;
8 >> does anybody have suggestions on
9 >> how to retrieve this data? Thanks.
10 >
11 > Does "any of the other unzip programs" here contain java's jar as well?
14 No, I didn't think of trying jar. The process is somewhat slow but I
15 have extracted files from a 58GB archive well past the 4GB limit
16 and that unzip wouldn't touch. jar has taken 25 minutes to extract
17 16GB of data so it may be a while before the process completes but
18 it looks like this is a solution. Thanks.