From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I control size of /run (tmpfs)?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 02:40:26
1 On May 29, 2012 12:53 AM, "pk" <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 2012-05-28 05:44, Pandu Poluan wrote:
4 >
5 > > But my newer servers has /run (and its children) from the get go,
6 because I
7 > > think it kind of makes sense. Even though they're udev-free.
8 >
9 > Hm... what is using /run instead of /var/run? I thought it was (newish)
10 > udev itself and things like systemd that uses /run instead of
11 > /var/run... just curious.
12 >
13 > Best regards
14 >
15 > Peter K
18 Nothing that I know of, then. But I thought if sometime later down the
19 road some braindead dev assumes that everyone uses udev and hardwired
20 his/her package to assume /run exists, I'm covered :-)
21
22 Rgds,