From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dead USB card?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:04:49
1 On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Richard Fish wrote:
2
3 > On 1/28/06, Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> wrote:
4 >> On Sat, 28 Jan 2006, Richard Fish wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> It looks like the ohci and ehci drivers are fighting over the card.
7 >>> You don't need both, so I would disable ohci in your kernel
8 >>> configuration and see if that works.
9 >>>
10 >> The card has 3 USB 1.1 sockets and a 2.0 one. Isn't it necessary to
11 >> enable ohci to access the 1.1 sockets?
12 >
13 > Who designed this freakish thing...Dr Frankenstein???
14 >
15 Probably. Let's say that I'm always a good example of Murphy's laws.
16 (Did I mention that the 1.1 USB controllers built in the MO are _uhci_?
17 :))
18
19 > Anyway, since I have no knowledge of this card, I could be wrong. But
20 > I would try either the ehci or ohci driver, but not both at the same
21 > time.
22 >
23 Maybe there's something wrong with the motherboard, which is not young
24 anymore. The USB card is just not working, whether under gentoo or
25 knoppix. The card is not knew, and it worked before...
26 Maybe I'll try changing PCI slots...
27
28 (Sorry about the delay in replying, but my cable modem has been comatose
29 for a few days.)
30
31 Thanks,
32