From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Exercising a bit of caution with prune
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:57:34
1 On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 01:11:29 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I know to be careful with some things, gcc, autoconf and such but what
4 > in this list can NOT be removed? Some of them I'm not sure about but I
5 > don't want to break things either. Explain your thinking/reasons if you
6 > can.
7
8 --prune removed slotted packages, which are usually slotted for a reason.
9 This not only applies to autocont, db etc. but also to things like the
10 GNOME/GTK library packages in your list.
11
12 If you want to find packages that are no longer needed, you should be
13 using "emerge --depclean -p".
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 0x2B | ~0x2B - Hamlet