From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nbd ebuild incomplete? [SOLVED]
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 19:30:46
1 On 12/05/19 20:01, Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > On 12/5/19 12:33 AM, n952162 wrote:
3 >> The emerge should have checked for this and failed.
4 >
5 > I don't think it should fail.  I've routinely seen emerge check for
6 > various kernel / network / other parameters and issue warnings about
7 > things not being the way that the ebuild wants.  But the ebuild does
8 > successfully emerge.
9 >
10 > IMHO emerge / ebuild should not refuse to do what I tell it to do just
11 > because it doesn't like my custom kernel.  The lack of kernel support
12 > is /my/ problem.  The emerge / ebuild is capable of compiling
13 > perfectly fine without the kernel support.  Perhaps I'm compiling on a
14 > fast machine that is running a different kernel and then copying the
15 > utilities to another system that does have the kernel support.
19 Then you set the appropriate USE variable for that special situation.
20 You could your argument for any dependency.