From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless N PCMCIA/CardBus Recommendations...
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:12:38
1 On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:42:49 -0700 (PDT), BRM wrote:
2
3 > While I am at it, I am also considering getting a new wireless card for
4 > my D600 laptop to at least augment the internal b43-legacy supported
5 > Broadcom 43xx card that generally works, but is also a pain to keep
6 > working.
7
8 [snip]
9
10 > So that leaves me with using one of the open PCMCIA card slots. I have
11 > two wired PCMCIA adapters, useful mostly for multi-network and
12 > diagnostics; so the slots are open.
13
14 What format is the internal card? If it's mini-PCI, a standard Intel card
15 may be a better choice.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.