From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem with firefox + netscape-flash
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 23:59:19
1 Giulio schreef:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I compiled firefox 1.0.7-r4 with this options:
5 >
6 > +debug +gnome +ipv6 -java -mozcalendar -mozdevelop -moznoxft -mozsvg
7 > +truetype -xinerama +xprint
8 >
9 > then I emerged netscape-flash
10 >
11 > but when I find a website with flash, firefox is blocked by the
12 > plugins and keep loading the page without stopping. It only happens
13 > with my compiled version. I checked with the binary version and
14 > there's no problem at all, so... it's my fault.
15 >
16 > how can I solve this problem?
17
18 Perhaps recompile firefox *without* the "debug" USE flag? Do you
19 actually need debug symbols compiled into the application? They often
20 cause errors for "normal" users, which is why the flag is generally not
21 enabled.
22
23 Holly
24 --