From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] openrc and /etc/modprobe.d/*
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 19:37:44
1 As I was booting an old laptop I noticed a message coming up telling me that
2 the /etc/modprobe.d/irda file will be done away with in future versions.
3
4 Are these files now deprecated? Are we meant to fit everything in
5 /etc/conf.d/modules as per the OpenRC migration page?
6
7 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
8
9 Most of the /etc/modprobe.d/* files were created at the time I installed
10 packages and include aliases for character device drivers and what not - of
11 course I have a couple which I set up myself. Not all of the info has been
12 transferred over to /etc/conf.d/modules; e.g.
13
14 alias char-major-161 ircomm-tty
15
16 Am I supposed to copy such stuff over to /etc/conf.d/modules myself, or am I
17 going to mess up the new way of configuring modules?
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick