From: Robin <diilbert.atlantis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reaching my network over the internet
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:57:41
1 If you are looking to reach your gentoo computer, consider sshd. You
2 can search the gentoo wiki for help docs for setup and usuage.
3
4 http://www.gentoo-wiki.com
8 On 12/29/05, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
9 >
10 > On 29 Dec 2005, at 17:28, Grant wrote:
11 > >> ... you just type:
12 > >>
13 > >> ssh my.network.com
14 > >>
15 > >> Depending on your setup you will probably need to set your
16 > >> firewall/router to forward port 22 to the machine you want to log
17 > >> into.
18 > >> Also make sure your ssh server is set up securely.
19 > >
20 > > I really don't have any idea where to start here. Does anyone know of
21 > > an online guide (preferrably in Gentoo context) that would help?
24 > How is your network connected to the internet?
25 >
26 > http://www.google.com/search?ie=utf8&oe=utf8&q=port+forwarding
27 >
28 > The first link looks fairly useful.
29 >
30 > Stroller.
31 >
32 > --