From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ebuild for recent ATI driver, whom to go to?
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:47:48
1 Miguel Ramos <2008 <at> miguel.ramos.name> writes:
2
3 > Thanks for the info.
4 > It really looks like the 8.12 is more recent than the 8.54.3 after all...
5 > I'm going to try to install this one and I'll get back to you.
6
7 > As to GPU programming, I'm certainly there too!
8 > However, there is another obstacle on the way, the AMD Brook+ and Cal
9 > toolkits seem to be linked to glibc-2.2.5 !! That's way too old for
10 > Gentoo.
11 > Perhaps some Gentoo expert can point us the less inconvenient way to
12 > work around that one.
13
14 Did you see this?
15
16 http://techreport.com/discussions.x/15886
17
18 I sure hope we get at least a function level profile
19 that works with gcc with Catalyst 8.12.
22 I await your respone.
25 James