From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: shot an XFS-filesystem, oh my
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 08:42:29
1 Am 27.09.2012 02:32, schrieb Michael Orlitzky:
2
3 > That won't work with any filesystem. I think instead of that last
4 > step, you should have booted to a livecd and used GParted to resize
5 > the partition.
6
7 Yeah, my fault, stupid ... :-(
8
9 I went through this once:
10 >
11 >> http://michael.orlitzky.com/articles/resizing_a_kvm_or_qemu_disk_image.php
14 > That won't help you get your stuff back but it might help out the
15 > next time.
16 >
17 > There's proprietary software that can scan the disk for the deleted
18 > partition. They used to be included on Hiren's Boot CD circa 9.0,
19 > but you could easily waste a few hours screwing around with it. If
20 > there was nothing critical and nobody else has any clever ideas,
21 > you're probably better off reinstalling. You should cherish the times
22 > you trash something non-critical.
23
24 Thanks, yes ...