From: Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] svn tools only
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:12:13
1 2010/7/20 <fajfusio@××.pl>:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > Is it possible to emerge svn tools only.
5 >
6 > I mean I want to check out sources, commit modifications. I don't want to
7 > have the repository intalled on my machine.
8 >
9 > If it is possible what package should I install ?
10 >
11 > thanks for help
14 Hi
15
16 You can disable apache and webdav useflags, but I don't think you can
17 avoid installing svnserve? You can choose to not use it and not create
18 repositories on your local machine (I can't remember if portage
19 automatically creates a repository in /var/svn, but even if it does,
20 you do not have to use it. An empty repository takes like 150K of
21 which 44K is example hooks that you can delete. I'm sure portage
22 itself will also not explode if you delete the contents /var/svn?
23
24 Unless you have very stringent size restrictions on your install,
25 emerge subversion and only use what you need.
26
27 Regards
28 Dirk