From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with Summer Time setting [SOLVED]
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:43:59
1 On 28 March 2006 19:40, Michael Kintzios wrote:
2 > > -----Original Message-----
3 > > From: Uwe Thiem [mailto:uwix@××××.na]
4 > > Sent: 28 March 2006 15:28
5 > > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with Summer Time setting
7 > >
8 > > > My /etc/localtime is pointing to /usr/share/zoneinfo/UTC (it was
9 > > > originally pointing to GMT but I changed it in an effort to fix it).
10 > >
11 > > Shouldn't that point to /usr/share/Europe/London?
12 >
13 > Sweet! It worked a treat.
14
15 If in doubt, ask the Africans. ;-)
16
17 > What puzzles me is why GMT/UTC works on my
18 > desktop for years now, without any problem.
19
20 Strange. The timezone UTC itself isn't supposed to provide any daylight
21 saving. It's just the base for all other timezones.
22
23 Uwe
26 Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list