From: "Andreas Prieß" <ap@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pruning /usr/portage/distfiles/
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:42:54
1 James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > /usr is the only partion I seem to have trouble filling up. After
5 > poking around I've decided to 'prune' /usr/portage/distfiles.
6
7 There is a nice little script to remove all outdated distfiles, that is
8 all files that do not belong to any installed package. It has been
9 recommended on this list before and for me it works really great:
10
11 Just look at
12 http://evvl.rustedhalo.net/software/gentoo/
13 and the script distclean.
14
15 distclean v0.3
16
17 Usage: distclean [-h,--help] [-d,--delete] [-p,--pretend] [-m,--move dir]
18 [-q ,--quiet] --nospinner
19
20 --help (-h short option)
21 Shows this help screeen.
22
23 --delete (-d short option)
24 Deletes the outdated file(s) in the distfiles directory.
25
26 --pretend (-p short option)
27 Lists the outdated file(s) in the distfiles directory.
28
29 --move dir (-m dir short option)
30 Move the outdated file(s) to the given directory.
31
32 --quiet (-q short option)
33 Just list the outdated files, no extra junk.
34
35 --nospinner
36 Turns off the cute little spinner.
41 Andreas