From: Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why emacs needs gnome parts ?
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:25:01
1 I need to put -X too ? I do not know that gnome and motif was in
2 "default" settings ...
3
4 On 12/1/05, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 07:46:23 -0300, Allan Spagnol Comar wrote:
6 >
7 > > my USE flags got only doc because this is a linux box without any
8 > > graphical interfaces to server some utilities .....
9 > >
10 > > could some one explain why emacs needs so many graphical parts ?
11 >
12 > What does "emerge -tv emacs" show? It should tell you which USE flag is
13 > causing all this. Leaving gnome out of your USE flags may not be enough.
14 > If it is on by default in your profile, you need to include -gnome (and
15 > -motif) in USE.
18 > --
19 > Neil Bothwick
20 >
21 > Uhura: Captain, you're being flamed on channel one.
28 An application asked:
29 "Requeires Windows 9x, NT4 or better",
30 so I´ve installed Linux
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list