From: Coert Waagmeester <lgroups@××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 32bit-Executables on a AMD64 system...
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:13:25
1 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > * Coert Waagmeester <lgroups@××××××××××××××.za> wrote:
3 >
4 >> My setup is one 32bit pc with gentoo and another 64bit pc with gentoo
5 >>
6 >> I managed to get this going on the 64bit with a 32-bit chroot, distcc,
7 >> and crosstools
8 >
9 > Why do you need an 32bit chroot if you're going to use an
10 > crosscompiler anyways ?
11 >
12 You are right, I only have distcc in the 32bit chroot, it ofcourse
13 already has the 32bit gcc et al.
14
15 I have a 64bit crossdev setup on my 32 bit machine. that is where the
16 confusion came in.
17 >> Just make sure you compiled your kernel with IA32 binary support (should
18 >> be default)
19 >
20 > The _target_ kernel has to support the IA32 ABI. The host (building)
21 > might be better off w/o it (better detection of build errors).
22 How would this work exactly?
23 64 bit only installation with a 32 bit crossdev installation?
26 > cu