From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] /etc/portage/env for a whole category
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 20:21:31
1 Hello again,
2
3 I would like to include debug info into more of my system, but still not the
4 whole userland. So I'd like to start with libs. But how do I tell portage do
5 to it?
6 I've been using portage/env before for selected packages, namely:
7
8 $ cat /etc/portage/debug-build
9 CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe -ggdb"
10 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
11 FEATURES="${FEATURES} splitdebug"
12 #USE="${USE} debug"
13
14 and then placing a symlink at portage/env/<category>/<package-name> to point
15 at the file. But how can I tell portage to use it for whole categories, or
16 even a group of categories like *libs*?
17
18 As always, thanks for your insight.
19 --
20 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
21 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
22
23 “So the Americans are worried about having autistic Englishmen hacking into
24 the Pentagon Computer, but they are seriously considering Mitt Romney having
25 control of the Button.”
26 – Jeremy Hardy about the extradition of the UFO hacker.